People often want to know whether they need to clean orgonite like they do with crystals. In my opinion, orgonite is mostly self-cleansing and should not need regular cleaning, especially if it contains a stone like selenite which will keep the orgonite clean (I add selenite to all my orgonite products).
However I have found that sometimes orgonite can benefit from a boost of sorts. This doesn’t need to be done often – once every few months is usually fine, but use your own judgement. If your orgonite doesn’t feel as efficient as it could be, then a bit of a clean and boost could do it well. There are a few ways of doing this.
- Running water – Hold your orgonite under running water and visualise the water cleaning and strengthening the orgonite. It isn’t recommended to leave the orgonite in water or saltwater for long periods of time. Decorative pieces may sustain a bit of water damage. However, wearing your orgonite pendant in the shower or holding it under running water for a few minutes will not do any damage.
- Sunshine – Orgonite loves sunshine! Leave your pieces outside in the sun to give them a boost. Be aware that direct sunlight for prolonged periods can bleach certain stones such as amethyst and rose quartz. This will not affect the efficacy of your orgonite, but it might be an aesthetic concern for you.
- Mental purification – Put the orgonite in the palm of your hand and visualise the orgonite becoming cleansed and boosted. This can be made more effective if you invoke any higher powers that you believe in.
- Incense and sage – And other forms of smoke purification, such as palo santo. Hold the orgonite in the smoke. You may add prayers or blessings i this feels right to you.
- Lay it on the earth – Keep your orgonite pieces outside, on the bare earth. Some people even recommend burying the pieces in the earth for a day or so, but this isn’t recommended for decorative pieces, as it may damage them aesthetically.
These are just a few ways of cleansing orgonite – if you have another favourite cleansing method that you use for other objects, then feel free to experiment! And remember – just like crystals, orgonite has a consciousness of sorts and responds very well to intention. The more love and attention you devote to your orgonite, the better it will work for you.
If you liked this article, save it on Pinterest with the image below!